I have talked pretty much non-stop over the last few years about how quickly time seems to be passing – the hours blending into days, months, and growing into years. It’s actually ridiculous how quickly time can slip away, and before you know it, one, three, ten years, have gone by, and you haven’t even begun on everything you wanted to do.
2015, I found, was a year of growth for me more than ever before: I faced high school, my sexuality, bullying, wrote two books, and so much more; it was a year I truly believe has shaped me more than ever before, a year that has forced me develop the most. It was also the year I began home-education and began working towards my psychology diploma, which I will have by the end of this month – psychology being something I didn’t even know I had such a passion for at the beginning of 2015.
I have strived for 2016 to be a year just like 2015: with some struggles, and yet allowing these to shape me; however, I found that 2016, so far, has been one of the most difficult years yet. Right from the end of January, already absolutely awful things were happening, and only recently has it all calmed down.
I hope, and I believe, that June is going to be a positive month for me, with success, new relationships, and happiness coming my way. I am very looking forward to it beginning ♥
So around this time last year, I saw the 100 Questions No One Asks tag absolutely everywhere on the Internet. I probably seem crazy for doing it this late on, but I found some of the questions absolutely hilarious and have wanted to do it myself for ages, but had no way of doing it!
In case anyone isn’t familiar with this tag, the idea is literally what it says in the title: you are asked 100 questions that wouldn’t cross anyone’s mind to ask (apart from if you’re like me, who literally says the first thing she thinks of. Right hand on my heart, I asked my mum how she would react if I told her I was pregnant by a secret 40-year-old lover yesterday).
So, here it is: the 100 Questions No One Asks tag!
1. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed?
I don’t have a closet, but I sleep with my bedroom door shut.
2. Do you take the shampoos and conditioner bottles from hotel?
Nope, but there’s an idea…
3. Do you sleep with your sheets tucked in or out?
Out – only because I don’t tuck them in to start with!
4. Have you ever stolen a street sign before?
Nope, what would you do with it when you got home?
5. Do you like to use post-it notes?
I think they’re awesome, but for some reason never use them… I am a failure.
6. Do you cut out coupons but then never use them?
Nope, I am awful with coupons and discounts: I never use them, which is probably down to my awful memory.
7. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of a bees?
Definitely the bear.
8. Do you have freckles?
I do! I used to hate them when I was younger but I don’t mind them now.
9. Do you always smile for pictures?
Sometimes – if it’s a selfie then it depends, but if someone is taking one of me I smile. I don’t want to be seen doing a duck pout all over Facebook if I don’t know what I look like!
10. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Reading and not replying to my texts. I die inside every time.
11. Do you ever count your steps when you walk?
Pfft, as if! (I make 684 one way on my morning runs.)
12. Have you ever peed in the woods?
Nope, but I have peed in the ocean, if that helps 🙂
13. What about pooped in the woods?
Right, that’s crossing the line.
14. Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
I actually don’t! I used to think my mum was going crazy when she did, and then I realised most people do it.
15. Do you chew your pens and pencils?
Pen caps – not pencils!
16. How many people have you slept with this week?
17. What size is your bed?
Single – I am unloved.
18. What is your Song of the week?
Into You by Ariana Grande.
19. Is it okay for guys to wear pink?
20. Do you still watch cartoons?
As if I still watch cartoons. I definitely don’t sit and watch My Little Pony when my sister has gone upstairs and left it on.
21. What’s your least favorite movie?
Black Swan. Why does everyone love it? It’s a poor excuse for ‘one of the best films of all time’.
22. Where would you bury hidden treasure if you had some?
Why couldn’t I just hide it? Why does it have to be buried?
23. What do you drink with dinner?
Usually water, but I’ll have apple juice if I’m eating out.
24. What do you dip a chicken nugget in?
I’m vegetarian, so it’d be a bit of a waste if a dipped one in anything.
25. What is your favorite food?
The Bird’s trifle you can get where you can make it at home. I have legit asked for it to be my birthday cake this year.
26. What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
I watched The Phantom of the Opera multiple times a day when I was four, and I don’t think that love will ever die. We’re in a long-term relationship.
27. Last person you kissed/kissed you?
My cat. (Is this supposed to make me feel more single than I already am?)
28. Were you ever a boy/girl scout?
For someone who has a phobia of open water, has only climbed a tree once, and describes raft building on a school trip as ‘one of the worst days of her life’, Girl Scouts would have been suicide for me.
29. Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?
Well, that escalated from Girl Scouts! It would honestly depend. I am a private person but if it was for a good cause, I would.
30. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?
Oh, wow… Probably when I wrote fanmail to my favourite author at the time six years ago.
31. Can you change the oil on a car?
What do you think?!
32. Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Nope, I am twelve, but I can totally see that would happen to me. Several times.
33. Ran out of gas?
^ See above answer.
34. Favorite kind of sandwich?
Ready Salted Walker’s crisp sandwiches. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it; it is honestly the best thing since my birth.
35. Best thing to eat for breakfast?
My own French toast. Sorry not sorry.
36. What is your usual bedtime?
I’m usually asleep on weekdays around 9:00 (I’m a lightweight, I know), and I usually go to bed around 10 – 11 on weekends.
37. Are you lazy?
Lazy is something I am not. I haven’t got the time!
38. When you were a kid, what did you dress up as for Halloween?
Literally a witch. Every year. I broke the cycle two years ago and was a devil fairy – very normal for me.
39. What is your Chinese astrological sign?
A sheep. I’m not sure how to feel about that.
40. How many languages can you speak?
Three: English, some French and Sarcasm.
41. Do you have any magazine subscriptions?
Nopedy nope, but that doesn’t stop a load of shit coming into my email daily.
42..Which are better: legos or lincoln logs?
43. Are you stubborn?
You’d have to ask my mum.
44. Who is better…Leno or Letterman?
45. Ever watch soap operas?
Yaaaasss! The Only Way is Essex is one of my not-so-guilty pleasures.
46. Afraid of heights?
47. Sing in the car?
No, but I’ll get back to you on that once I have my own car.
48. Dance in the shower?
No – something else EVERYONE does but I think is crazy! Who sings in the shower, too?
49. Dance in the car?
See Question 47.
50. Ever used a gun?
No, but I imagine it to be quite exhilarating. Bucket list!
51. Last time you got a portrait taken by a photographer?
Last time I was in school, so around a year ago?
52. Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Duh! That’s what makes them so amazing.
53. Is Christmas stressful?
It wasn’t until Father Christmas didn’t exist anymore and you realised by January your bank account had 4p on it.
54. Ever eat a pierogi?
How do you even pronounce that?
55. Favorite type of fruit pie?
FRUIT SHOULD NEVER BE IN DESSERTS.
56. Occupations you wanted to be when you were a kid?
I wanted to be an editor because my mum was.
57. Do you believe in ghosts?
Not ‘ghosts’ as such: I believe in God, spirits, reincarnation, magick, faeries, and an afterlife.
58. Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
No, but it’s actually something I want to look into.
59. Take a vitamin daily?
Nope – I only used to take them when it was acceptable to have the ones that tasted like sweets.
60. Wear slippers?
Slipper socks – slippers drive me nuts!
61. Wear a bath robe?
Only before I get in the shower – I get far too hot.
62. What do you wear to bed?
In the Summer pyjama pants and a vest top; every other day of the year is my Christmas onesie, baby! Even if it’s April.
63. First concert?
5 Seconds of Summer – I honestly think the band is crap, but the atmosphere was amazing!
64. Wal-Mart, Target or Kmart?
I live in the UK.
65. Nike or Adidas?
Neither – I’m not huge on brands.
66.Cheetos Or Fritos?
See Question 64.
67. Peanuts or Sunflower seeds?
Neither – nuts all need to go (apart from where Nutella is concerned), and sunflower seeds are made for growing sunflowers, Einstein.
68. Ever hear of the group Tres Bien?
No, is that bad?
69. Ever take dance lessons?
I am the most uncoordinated person on the planet. I literally cannot even do a rolly poly.
70. Is there a profession you picture your future spouse doing?
Taking care of me. Obviously.
71. Can you curl your tongue?
No! My genes suck.
72. Ever won a spelling bee?
No. It haunts me every day.
73. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
Yes, when my mum got married to my step-dad. He turned out to be a dick and a half.
74. Own any record albums?
Record albums? I wasn’t born in the 80’s – although I wish I was, TBH.
75. Own a record player?
No but I really really want a vintage one.
76. Regularly burn incense?
I’m an old lady when it comes to candles. Especially with cinnamon, vanilla, and any kind of sweet-treat scented kinds.
77. Ever been in love?
My bed is a close contender.
78. Who would you like to see in concert?
Oh God, there’s a list: Ariana Grande, Rihanna, The Black Eyed Peas, Little Mix… the list could go on!
79. What was the last concert you saw?
5SOS – turns out that’s actually the only concert I’ve been to. I was supposed to go to a Maroon 5 concert last year but Adam Levine decided to get a throat infection. Knob.
80.Hot tea or cold tea?
My British heart dies a bit inside whenever someone mentions cold tea. What is the world coming to?
81. Tea or coffee?
It completely depends: both give me cramps (I don’t deal with caffeine well). I would choose a Starbucks Frappuccino over tea any day, but any other type of coffee is a no-go.
82. Sugar or snickerdoodles?
Snickerdoodles?!! Now I’m starting to wonder if I’ve been living under a rock my whole life.
83.Can you swim well?
I am scared of water – so, no, I’m not the most gifted swimmer.
84.Can you hold your breath without holding your nose?
I know these questions were supposed to be ones that nobody asks, but what kind of excuse of a question is that?!
85. Are you patient?
Nope! While we’re on this topic, I have to throw out there that I hate kids. Call me Scrooge, but screaming, snotty noses and bum-wiping duty aren’t exactly what I dream of doing.
86. DJ or band at a wedding?
Band – more personal! Although if Ruby Rose offered to DJ at my wedding there’d be no contest there. There’d probably be no wedding, actually, as I’d marry her instead.
87.Ever won a contest?
When I was about five, I won ‘the silliest dance’ contest. Life goals.
88. Ever have plastic surgery?
89. Which are better black or green olives?
OLIVES? Who would eat those?
90. Can you knit or crochet?
No, but being honest, I would love to get into it.
91. Best room for a fireplace?
The living room.
92. Do you want to get married?
Yes, because I want to make a vow to be someone’s slave forever.
93. If married, how long have you been married?
Just gone six years on the 18th of May – my cat and I’s relationship keeps getting stronger.
94. Who was your HS crush?
Considering I’m only in Y8, I’ll say my ‘childhood’ crush so far was someone in my class called Luke. I wrote a Valentine to him and everything, and then I got shot down. Heartbroken since eight years old.
95. Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
I did cry last month because my mum wouldn’t buy me a massive pink unicorn teddy. It was beautiful.
96. Do you have kids?
I find I have to babysit my best friend Mahalia often. She’s the most annoying child I’ve ever known.
97. Do you want kids?
See Question 85.
98. What’s your favorite color?
Purple, but I’m a fan of anything pastel.
99. Do you miss anyone right now?
100. Did you watch Next Great American Band on FOX?
Well that’s a crappy finale. No, I didn’t.
Well, there you have it: 100 things about me you probably didn’t know before!